Alcazar Castle, Spain photo copyrighted by: Brian McMorrow
By 1155 this hill-fort became known as “Alcazar”, which in Arabic meant royal residence.
Alfonso VI was the first of the Spanish kings to modernise the castle. It was used as a state prison until 1764, when it became the Royal School of Artillery. 1862 brought a fire that destroyed the roofs causing the School to be moved to the Convent of Saint Francis.
Find more include("ccpp-images.php"); ?> images in the include("ccp.php"); ?> gallery of Photorena.
All pics are under copyright of the photographer