The Drum Tower Holidays photo copyrighted by: BeijingChinaWorld
The Drum Tower was the time keeping center for the whole city and was equipped with bronze clepsydras (water clocks) and drums that were beaten to mark the hours. In 1420, under the Ming Emperor YongLe, the building was reconstructed a little to the east of the original site and in 1800, under the Qing Emperor JiaQing,
large-scale renovations were carried out.
Find more include("ccpp-images.php"); ?> images in the include("ccp.php"); ?> gallery of Photorena.
All pics are under copyright of the photographer