The Summer Palace tour photo copyrighted by: BeijingChinaWorld
The Summer Palace was first named the Garden of Clear Ripples, which was burnt down by the allied forces of Great Britain and France in 1860. Reconstruction started 25 years later and was completed in 1895, and the name was changed to Yiheyuan (Garden of Good Health and Harmony). The design gives prominence to the Longevity Hill and the Kunming Lake. The total area is 290 hectares, and the buildings are measured in over 3,000 bays.
Find more include("ccpp-images.php"); ?> images in the include("ccp.php"); ?> gallery of Photorena.
All pics are under copyright of the photographer