The Zhongshan Park Tours photo copyrighted by: BeijingChinaWorld
The Zhongshan Park is situated to the west of Tiananmen Gate. In the Liao
Dynasty, the Park used to be the site of Xingguosi (Temple of National Revival). During the year of the Emperor Yongle's reign (1421) in the Ming Dynasty, an altar was erected for the emperors to offer sacrifices to the gods of land and
grains. In 1914, it was converted into the Central Park and in 1928, assumed
the present name: the Zhongshan Park, in memory of Dr. Sun Yatsen.
Find more Zhongshan Park images in the China gallery of Photorena.
All pics are under copyright of the photographer